There are some things that you will have to do in person, for all the obvious reasons. Companies that verify identity will need to speak with the account holders before moving or shutting off services. But we can help with all the rest. We have thorough lists to help guide you through the beginning of the process and those that will navigate you to your new home. Ready through the following list to get you started on your new adventure.
• Send change-of-address cards to the post office, social security office, insurance companies, relatives, friends, etc.
• Make all travel arrangements and obtain your tickets well in advance. Familiarize yourself with alternate travel options.
• Before moving your pet, schedule an examination by a veterinarian, who may suggest a tranquilizer or some other measure to make your pet more comfortable during the trip. Obtain copies of your pet's health and rabies vaccination records and update identification tags.
• Don't forget to notify the telephone, gas, cable, electric, and water companies, as well as newspaper delivery service, garbage pickup, and anyone else who should know when to discontinue service. Visit www.connectutilities.com for assistance.
• Analyze your storage needs. As an alternative to storage, if there are items you won't need or can't use at destination, you might want to consider selling them instead; it may be more cost effective, and the money you get for your unneeded items will certainly come in handy.
• Obtain all personal records—e.g., prescriptions and medical records, school transcripts, marriage and birth certificates, vehicle registrations, etc.—and carry them personally.
• Valuables from safe deposit boxes, jewelry boxes, and important papers should be carried with you rather than packed and transported with household goods.
Our business model is tailored to fit everyone from the individual to employer relocations for workers and their families. We also specialize in clergy relocation services, catering to the needs of ministers, clergy and church lay professionals.